Monday, June 30, 2008

Good Possibility

Three major things happened this weekend. The first of which, and most detrimental, is the leaving of one of my good friends as she prepares to take off to Japan for a year. It's one of those bittersweet partings where it blows harder than the Big Bad Wolf because I'm gonna miss her, but at the same time, I can't help but be happy for her, considering this has been one of her dreams for the last few years: living in Japan. And you can't help but give her mad props for not only chasing after but also fulfilling a dream. I'm jealous.

The second is that this is the friend that I was borrowing the funtime Wacom tablet to make the last two months' comics. SO, this loss will, most likely, cause delays on the comic front. It may return to the every other week schedule for the next month or two, since scrounging up $300 will take some time.

Lastly, and least importantly, I saw Wall E and loved it. The makers of--I still can't get my mind around this--the 2006 Oscar Winner, Happy Feet, should look at Pixar's latest entry and learn a thing or two about making a film with a message. Wall E is gorgeous; it's message is relevant and illustrated in an interesting way; and the 103 minute film is just plain fun. Go see it if you haven't already. (But if too-cute robots aren't your thing, Wanted provides a good time of violence and humor. You can read my review here.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The second is that this is the friend that I was borrowing the funtime Wacom tablet to make the last two months' comics. SO, this loss will, most likely, cause delays on the comic front.
Extenze Scam