Friday, June 13, 2008

Surround Yourself with Good Peoples

Once again, my wife and friends have saved me from my writerly funk. It's amazing what a few people that believe in you can do for a person. I was able to ignore Diaz's brilliance and write my own drivel--which is what all authors write, drivel. What you do with the crap stain on your pages is up to you. Do you clean them up or let them stink? Plus, once I get this draft done, I think I'll be in a good spot to take a bit of a break, get my mind focused on something else for a few months, so I can come back to Eli's (my main character) world and kick his ass something fierce.

In other news, my wife and I went and saw Iron Man, preparing for today's release of The Incredible Hulk. Iron Man was much better the second time around--especially without the crappy audience, namely, a drunk thirteen year old that kept laughing at her friend's potty humor. I might slap together a mini-review for Filmmedium, since we have yet to put one up for this summer's blockbuster opener. A review should be up for The Incredible Hulk by Tuesday--at the latest. Logan is covering Shyamalan's first "R" feature, though I'll be checking it out soon enough. Not many films can compare with that man's sense of composition and camera movement.

Alright, I'll leave you on these positive notes and wish you all a lovely weekend.

No comments: