Friday, June 27, 2008

Big Weekend... and the Highlights Are Pretty Much Covered

If you're anything like me--and in this, I think you will be--you're either freaking out to go see Wall E or Wanted, two of the bigger blockbusters for this summer. As I am ecstatic for Wall E, seeing it will be my goal for today. Luckily, or not, I was able to get my Wanted fix at midnight last night--tired as I am for the rest of the day. (I'm really going to try my best to get up a review for Wanted by today, but there are no guarantees.) For a quick blurb though, it's worth your time and cash. The action is sweet, sweet, and James MacAvoy puts on a more amusing performance than even Myers as Guru or Sandler as the Zohan. Check it out if you don't mind a bit o' brain splatters and a heavier dose of f-bombs than other recent flicks.

I must say that I'm rather proud, since I stuck to my guns and finished my novel's second draft, however, it sucks malignant tumors how once you finish with something, you check back over the beginning and realize it's worse than reading a 400-page history on green beans. A break from this whole thing sounds like heaven, but I need to get the general order of things together and ensure that the character I cut is actually missing from every page. Stupid details and having to worry about plot holes.

Writing is dumb. And yet, if I stopped, I think I'd explode. Talk about a catch-22.

No comments: