Thursday, June 26, 2008

Call Me for the Casting

So I was watching this classic clip from George Carlin, and all I could think about was that if they ever made a biopic for him, Russell Crowe IS him. Submitted for your consideration are these two pieces of evidence.

Carlin/Crowe

Whatever. Just random musings to start out yours and my day.

As for the other goings on in my life, I WILL FINISH MY SECOND DRAFT OF MY NOVEL TODAY. That's not just a goal; it's a promise. So I'm pretty excited. And to celebrate, I'm going to get me a big "A" Dr. Pepper with pellet ice. These small things make my life better. Then, to top it all off, I'm going to check out a midnight screening of Wanted. Cheesy as some may think it looks like, that flick is going to melt faces. Timur Bekmambetov is a director to be reckoned with, and a filmmaker that I hope to see more and more on American soil. Check out his Night Watch and Day Watch. Those are two adaptations that blow their literature counterparts away (though they do make a lot more sense after reading at least one of the novels). I'll try and get a review for Wanted up by tomorrow, but seeing as I'll be quite sleepy, you may get nothing until the normal Tuesday fair.

No comments: