Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The State of Things

Most likely it's because of my lack of tablet, but I'm having trouble finding any sort of "umph" to make a new comic--and I even had an idea for today. Sadly, I think I'm finally starting to realize that I need to focus all of my creative energies onto one project at a time. Maybe this is just a lame excuse to keep me from forcing all of my free time into writing and drawing. Maybe it's just a backlash of actually being busy at work. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Regardless of which maybe it is, there probably won't be a new comic today. And with what last week was, I apologize for this. Who knows, maybe I'll find some hidden reserve of energy hiding out in my jejunum and slap something together tonight, though this is doubtful since I plan on seeing Jellyfish tonight.

Hopefully, if I do put this whole comic biz on hold, I can get the next draft of my novel done faster than last time. Plus, my stupid critical paper is already starting to loom and put a dark cloud of creativity block over my noggin. Luckily, I have the new Mindless Self Indulgence album, "If", and a band I just recently discovered, PlayRadioPlay, to get me through the haze.

No comments: