Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Home

Just for the sake of appreciating what you have, it's good to spend some time away from home. You forget how comfortable your own bed is, how loving your cats can be, and just the familiarity of your pictures on the wall, the arangement of furniture, the collection of DVDs.

I hope you all enjoyed the bits of entertainment, I threw your way. They amused me greatly, and I would recommend checking out the additional material from Jon LaJoie and Brad Neely. Those two guys are geniouses.

As for my residnecy, all went well. I'm going to be working with Patricia Henely, author of Hummingbird House, for this next semster. I have my critical paper due this semester, which will be about magical realism and balancing reality and fantastical happenings. As I work on that, I'll also be working on my third draft of my novel. Looking at my notes, and combined with my newest ideas, I think I'm in pretty good shape. It shouldn't be near as intensive as my last draft, so hopefully I can get that done this semester.

Other than that, things is good. The Dark Knight is about the greatest thing to ever grace a film screen, and Control isn't a half bad film--even if you're like me and don't really know or listen to the band Joy Division.

See you all tomorrow.

No comments: