Friday, May 8, 2009

No News is...

An anxious person's biggest nightmare.

Seriously, I've been waiting for my "big news" to unfold, and it has yet to do so. I was having nightmares about it on Wednesday, thinking that absolutely everything that could go wrong was, in fact, going wrong.

On the plus side, I'm finally starting to breathe easy, remembering that what happens, happens. It's out of my hands, and there's no need to worry about the things I can't control.

In other news, my wife and I checked out X-Men Origins: Wolverine, finally. Talk about lame city. Seriously, the director, Gavin Hood, should not be allowed to make any more movies. And what was Hugh Jackman thinking? Honestly, the man can act. I've seen it. So, why would he ever look at some of those lines and think, "Yeah... that sounds about right."

But what bother's me the most about that flick is that Richard Donner, the director that not only brought us The Goonies but also gave us the original Superman, produced Wolverine. How could a man that helped show the world that comics were more than cheesy lines and rippling muscles support a film that does the exact opposite? Now, I realize that Wolverine isn't the first comic movie to adhere to the cheesy lines and muscly men, but for some reason or another, I felt the most betrayed by this one. Probably because Wolverine is one of the cooler comic characters, and one that I actually cared about BEFORE all the movies came out (I didn't much care for Spiderman or Superman in their comic world.) Whatever the reason, I just wanted to laugh at how bad this film was--especially when we've seen just how awesome the comic flick can be (The Dark Knight, anyone?).

I hate to say it, but I think we're now on the fast track for crap. Hollywood found another money maker, and the "art" will be lost once again.

*sigh*

No comments: