Monday, June 1, 2009

Maxx UP

More of my new art attempts. Thought I'd try out the Maxx as Sam Kieth is one of my favorite artists and writers. His comics are just... awesome.

Also, if you haven't done so, go see UP, and soon. While I might need another viewing to solidify this in my brain meats, I really think it is my favorite of the Pixar pics. It seems to have an added sensitivity and more emotional impact than the others. Plus, it's just plain amusing, from the crotchety old men to the annoying child. Pixar really should be proud of this one.

That being said, it's really not a kids movie either. Sure, it has the action sequences and jokes for children, but the overall themes and ideas behind much of the film are very adult--not anything grotesque, but they just aren't topics and issues that a child really knows about or can fully understand. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still give kudos to Pixar for making a film so sensitive and simultaneously heart-warming. And if it doesn't give you an added appreciation for your significant other, there is something wrong with your black, black heart.

Gibberish tomorrow.

No comments: