Friday, June 19, 2009

Melted My Own Face

My friends and I are working on putting together an online lit mag that will be starting up shortly, and with all websites, we needed artwork. So I got to work on the above. I can honestly say that I've never had anything turn out so well. Usually the image in my head to what comes out on the page ends up being entirely different, but this time it all worked out.

Since our site will be on the slightly darker side of things, I wanted to keep the tone a bit darker, though with a light-hearted hint. I figured what better person to look to for inspiration than Ben Templesmith. So, Ben, this is my tribute to you.

Really, I couldn't be happier with the final product.

Also, we'll probably be taking submissions for our site VERY soon, so be thinking about that and I'll probably give out all the details on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: