Monday, June 8, 2009

Art Can Be Pretty Cool

Maybe I'm not the best artist in the world, but you know, I--generally--have a very good time doing what I do.

As you can see, with the above, I tried working on more of a background for my pic. More often than not, my characters simply float in space or on a tiny pad of shadow to "ground" them. But as I work on my friend's graphic novel, I've become more and more aware of grounding my characters and people in an actual PLACE. So here is my attempt based on my mis-hearing another friend. (She said back-packing through the forest, and I thought she said "Cat trekking through the forest." Don't ask me how I confused the two.)

I think a bit of my Friday funk has passed--for now. Hopefully it will continue to get better as I come closer to finishing a few more of my self-inflicted projects. Then I can take on more...

Gibberish tomorrow.

No comments: