Friday, October 30, 2009

Officially Pissed

Who the balls decided to put BOTH Gentleman Broncos AND Boondock Saints II on limited release?

Seriously. With the exception of Where the Wild Things Are, GB is one of the only films I've really been looking forward to this year, and from what I can see on their "official" site, the closest it is coming to me is freaking Minneapolis. I might want to see that movie, but I'm definitely not willing to drive that far to do so.

Who figures up these release schedules and locations? Nine times out of ten, studios never seem to push the films they should, yet they dump hundreds of thousands of dollars into crap like 2012. Granted, those are the films people go to see--and that is an entirely different rant--but seriously, why can't a film be released at least in ONE major city in every state. I live in the capital of my state, and am only a hour drive from the biggest city in the state, yet I don't look to have a chance to see either GB or BS II. If that ain't a load of All Saint's Day's initials, I don't know what is.

All right. That is out of my system, even if my weekend is now shot to crap. I hope you have a good one, and I'll see you on Monday.

No comments: