Friday, March 27, 2009

Not Including the Idea of Sleeping...

The only thing that has me excited is this.

I've been waiting for this trailer for years. Years, I say. I remember finding out about this film not long after Spike Jonze finished Adaptation, and from the looks of things, it might just be worth the wait.

Granted, I've never been a devoted fan to the book. I've always enjoyed the art, and the story is fun enough, but I didn't grow up on it. I never read the thing until I was in my teens, so maybe I'm not as emotionally attached to the story as some will be. However, from what I can see, Jonze and David Eggers have taken the simple idea of a boy escaping his punishment and turned it into a coming of age story. I think it's brilliant. What better way to have a child cope with life than by creating his own world?

I have a feeling that this isn't quite going to be the mainstream hit that many will want it to be--especially the studio--but I think it will be one of the better, and I'll go ahead and sound like a sap, and heartwarming films of the year. (The biggest downfall is that it will probably be paced too slow for a family audience.) As much as I want it to come out, I can wait these few extra months. As I said, I've already waited years for just the trailer.

No comments: