Friday, January 9, 2009

Trip Pt. 2: From Vegas To the Magic Kingdom

Once we arrived in Vegas, we were stuck at THAT airport for an additional two hours, as we didn't have a ride to our final destination and didn't want to spend the money for a cab. (We killed the time by eating a killer hot pastrami sandwich and filling ourselves with more Dr. Pepper and Mtn. Dew.) The rest of the day was spent trying to get some sleep, on this horrible hide-away bed, then a mad rush to finish up a chunk of my Nutcracker comics--those things were so much more work and took so much more time than I ever thought they would; you better have enjoyed them.

We didn't actually leave Vegas until 10:30 p.m., which was after midnight my time. This wouldn't have been so bad, as I could've slept on the drive--that is IF my wife and sister-in-law would've helped keep the driver, my brother-in-law, awake. Instead, that task was up to me, and we didn't roll into our hotel, which was across the street from the big MK, until 2 am-ish, California time. The trip wouldn't have been quite so long if a cop hadn't shut down the freeway and forced us to take another route (I still wonder what happened that night.).To make matters worse, we were given a room that seemed to have someone already staying in it or, at the very least, was forgotten when the turndown service came around, the sheets tousled, pillows strewn across the floor, and a brand new box of Disney's assorted chocolates sitting on the dresser.

If the stint in the Omaha airport didn't make me sick, this extra lack of sleep didn't help any, considering we were then up at 7 am to get ready for one of our two big days.

And with that suspenseful note, I'll leave you to your weekend. Have a good one, and I'll see you back on Monday.

No comments: