Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Synecdoche, Website, and Guest Artist

Since I've finally brought the world back up to speed, I'm free to comment on whatever I want once again. There are two things that might interest the avid Gibberish follower, and the other is simply a rant/musing on a recent flick I saw.

Firstly, Gibberish is getting its own site here in the near future. As this blog was set up to start a webcomic, it has fulfilled its purpose, even if it was set up to start another comic. The more I've thought about it, Click-Track Heart will be more of a graphic novel and needs to be plotted out moreso than what I do with Gibberish, or have done with Filmmedium.com. Be on the look out for the new site.

Secondly, tomorrow's Gibberish will be a VERY SPECIAL installment, as I have a tremendous guest artist that is gracious enough to share her extreme talents with me and you, so be sure to check back tomorrow. Her name is Philippa Rice, and you can have a sneak peek at what you're in for at her site, here.

And finally, I watched Synecdoche, New York the other day, and I can't get the thing out of my head. I've been dreaming about it and thinking about it, and I can't remember the last time I watched a film that got into my head like that. It's not much by way of a real story, but the ideas and presentation of them is worth enough on its own. Kaufman puts one ton of questions and ideas to you, without much of any answers. If you are in need of a good think, I highly suggest you take the time to track this film down and check it out.

Until tomorrow.

No comments: