Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Trip Pt. 1

Because of that bizarre snowstorm a few weeks back, this is me stuck at the airport. It is still early in our 36 hour stint at Omaha's Eppley Airfield, and let me tell you, of all the places to get stuck, this is one of the WORST AIRPORTS EVER. There are about five different meal options, all the stores close by 7, and their little announcements run every 6 minutes. I was told to keep my bag with me at all times more than 100 times. My wife and I were about to go crazy. Crazy.

Luckily, a pair of our friends were also stuck with us for the first 12 hours or so, and we whittled away the time by playing spades, watching Scrubs, and obsessing over Topple on my friend's recently won, iPod touch. (By the by, Topple is the nangle.) After they left us behind, my wife and I tried to sleep in shifts--which amounted to me getting a total of 5 hours of sleep out of 48. I blame this on why I ended up sick for this trip.

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see, board, and squeeze onto a plane. I wanted to cry. Instead, I rocked out to my Zune--as it was working at the time, but more on that later.

No comments: