Monday, November 3, 2008

Someone Watching Over Me

On Friday, while a friend of mine and I perused Yellowed Pages, a local used book store, my wife calls me with some disturbing news. We were having some electrical work done on the place we're renting--a few of the outlets weren't working right--and the electrician shows her the problem. Apparently a wire had come loose, so we had a hot wire not grounded to anything that had been sparking, if not flaming, as noted by the scorching on the back of the panel. From what the electrician said, a nice old guy with three missing fingers, we were one step away from the house burning down. Granted, we have renter's insurance but still...

Other than my few purchased books--some B.C. comics, a 50s paperback printing of Lafacdio's Adventures, and an old paperback of The Illustrated Man by the amazing Ray Bradbury--the only other notable happening was my friend's discovery of Rifftrax. On Saturday night we downloaded and watched the Jurassic Park one. That stuff is wicked hilarious, and I can't wait to watch some of the others.

Didn't get a chance to see any of the new films from last week, but our theatres around here are running a special of $4.00 a movie for today through Thursday, so I will probably be frequenting that place for the next few days.

Happy Monday, and we've got Gibberish tomorrow.

No comments: