Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Stretchin' Like Caramello

It's come to my attention that I'm taking on quite the number of projects and probably stretching myself a bit thin. Between my newly instated Gibberish, We've Got Brains, my plans for Milos and Click-Track Heart, and all of my master's degree work--and that's not including my day job and actually spending time with my wife--I don't have much wiggle room. (I'm going to be in trouble when I have kids.) Things should be okay though, as long as I slow down and focus on one thing at a time. Plus, with a bit of help from my friends, reviews for films like The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor will still get done, without wasting my time. It's a thin plan, I know, but it should work. I hope. Otherwise I'll just have to be like the woman I saw this morning on my way to work.

As she was walking her dog, she was picking up the random trash and litter that was scattered around the sidewalk. And I could see that this wasn't her trash either, she was just being a good person. I couldn't help but think that this woman had it right, taking something she would be doing anyway--walking her dog--and turning it into something better for everyone.

*sigh*

It would be nice to be that selfless.

No comments: