Friday, September 12, 2008

Actually Made Some Headway

I spent the majority of last night reading theory and criticism of Magical Realism. A bit more interesting than I thought it would be, but I suppose that is the way it should go when you study something that actually interests you. So, yeah, made some good headway on my critical paper, pulling some good quotes from these smarty pantses that will help bolster my own ramblings.

Plus, I even started a new short story last night--at least is better be a short story, seeing as I'm writing it for my next residency. It probably isn't the wisest thing to begin such a venture--I already have plenty on my platter--but I can't help it. This story was starting to gel in my noggin, and if I didn't start scooping it out, I probably never would--or it would drive me crazy. Instead of the incapacitating crazy, I decided to spend an hour writing away.

Really, that's about the extent of things. Will most likely see Burn After Reading this weekend, but I don't know when, and I won't promise a review either. My track record has gotten a bit shoddy as of late.

Anyway, have a good weekend, and I wish you the best in all of your ventures.

No comments: