Monday, April 27, 2009

The Jenkees and Cat Sedation

Through a good friend of mine, I jumped on the late bandwagon of Jenkees fans. No idea if you've heard of this guy before, but as many have said before me, this guy is going places. No, he's not an idiot savant--I thought the same think. He's just a rather socially awkward guy that makes some of the coolest music I've ever heard.

This, to me, is exactly what the interweb is for, and what makes it so good: Allowing those with talent to actually be recognized for their talent WITHOUT having to jump through the usual bureaucratic hoops that is the entertainment industry. I haven't bought his album yet, but it will be one of the first records I'll have purchased in some time--been too broke for new music. The whole of the internet is/should be used to find, discover, and be inspired by one another. Jenkees is an awesome example of this.

In other news, my cat spent the majority of yesterday spaced out and sedated. He had to have a quick visit to the vet for what we found out was/is a bladder infection, and he's gone back this morning, because he still hasn't eaten. I know them kitties is nothing short of little boogers, but they grow on you, and it's never good to see something in pain that can't tell you what's wrong, be it person or animal.

Hope your day is a good one. Gibberish tomorrow.

No comments: