Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wow...

I waited until I had an "official" class--not just going over the syllabus--to write about my teaching experience, and now I wish I hadn't.

Today was rough. People were actually answering my questions fairly well, but I was not following my outline. Translation: I think I sounded like a rambling idiot.

However, this is not without its benefits. Rough as today was, it has taught me a lesson: Follow my guideline. Focus on one, maybe two, key ideas, and go for them. Be more specific about what I want from my students with their homework. And forget their bored, bored faces.

This is what it is all about, right? Learning from my mistakes, seeing what works, what doesn't, etc.

At the end of it, I am alive, hurting, but alive. And I have Dr. Pepper, 32 ounces of sweet nectar to take my hurt away.

No comments: