Monday, November 9, 2009

Looking Out for the Beard

I forgot about the whole beard picture thing... Sorry.

Also, I may be getting sick. I'm telling myself that this is not true, but my sore throat seems to be extending down into my lungs, and I do not appreciate it. We'll see how it goes. Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to stay in bed all day reading and writing.

Oh yes, and last night I watched The Lookout. It starts off much better than it comes through in the end. Joseph Gordon Levitt is a good enough actor that I'm surprised he doesn't show up more often than he does. The movie itself was a good time, with some clever dialogue and some dynamic scenes. Unlike most caper/thriller/drama flicks, this one seemed to keep things rather tight, scenes only being in the film to either further the plot or change character dynamics or both. There were a few that did not do such things--mainly when the film breaks its own POV and goes to Luvlee. Anyway, it's not a perfect film by any means, or even an amazing one, but there are a few moments that make the whole thing worth your time. The opening in and of itself is a great hook, just gorgeous.

One of these days there will be a "beard" picture, and there will still be Gibberish this week. Cool? Cool.

No comments: