Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Plugging Two Things, Then Another

As I said in a past blog, some of these are simply going to be an advertisement for things that I've found and loved.

I can't remember or not if I plugged this earlier, but it needs to happen. Since I can't remember, I'm doing it again--or for the first time. Either way, you must check THIS site out if you like comics.

It is stuff like Ramon Perez's Kukuburi that makes me want to give up my Gibberish endeavours, write me a "real," story oriented comic and try my hand at, you know, layouts and stuff. However, as I do not have the time to work on such things, I have to live vicariously through people like Perez. This comic is simply amazing, from the art to the story. To use a Hollywood film cliche: "It fires on all cylanders." But what makes this quote even MORE amazing is that Kukuburi has NOTHING TO DO WITH CARS. (Honestly, I don't know what I'm going for here, so go check this comic out. It is awesomeness rolled up, then mashed into the interweb like a banana in a VCR--or should I say DVD?)

Number two thing is new music. Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker is fantastic stuff here. I've been rocking out to their newest album, Questimation, for the last few days, and I can't seem to get enough of them sweet, sweet sounds. They've got a good thing going, mixing a whole lot of playfulness with a bunch of catchy beats, lyrics, and sounds. Do yourself a favor, check out their music on Myspace, then buy their album.

The another thing is that Bring the Ink is still looking for submissions for Issue 1. Read up on Issue 0 if you haven't already, and then submit something. The theme for Issue 1 is "Connections" but that can mean just about anything. And if it's really good, theme doesn't matter. Send it their way.

No comments: