Friday, July 17, 2009

Sometimes I Wish I Weren't So Scrawny...

Queue from Bundle on Vimeo. (This is a fun animation done by a wonderful artist whose work you can find over at mumblier.com.)

I hurt. And not just a little bit either. This is a full body hurt, sore from my shoulders to my ankles. How did this happen, you might ask? Let me--as the great Busta Rhymes would say--Picasso you a picture:

After taking my wife to an hour and a half chiropractor visit, we arrive home, me dropping her off so I can head back to my work day. Alas, when I enter back into the Smith-mobile, it won't start. Nothing. Not a sputter, a gasp, a whine, nothing. Of course, I have parked into our extremely long, one lane driveway, so our other car is now stuck between the house and the now-dead Cavalier.

I get the bright idea of pushing the Cavalier into the street, thinking we can roll it in front of the house, have it parked there, and can figure out what to do with it later. Of course, this is me we're talking about, a skinny guy with little to no muscle, and my wife--who has just returned from the chiropractor.

Long story shorter, we end up getting the car jackknifed in the middle of the street (we live on a bit of a hill and in order to get it into the right place, it needed to be pushed a bit up said hill) and the bumper just waiting to take out our mail box. We must've tried for good fifteen minutes to get this thing moved, until one of our neighbors finally took pity on us, came over and helped us push it into place (amazing what the addition of one able-bodied person can do.)

It's good to have those around us that will lend a helping hand--sometimes it would be nice if it were just a moment sooner. You know, before I almost give myself a hernia.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I'll see you on Monday.

No comments: